egypt

egypt

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Home Sweet Home....

I've dreamed all my life about traveling the world.....I had visions of Pyramids, Great walls, and Castles dancing in my head, and for the most part I've made my dreams come true.  It occurred to me last week as I was walking through my neighborhood, that in pursuit of exotic places,  I had forgotten how beautiful the colors are, in my own backyard.
Literally in my own backyard!  This beauty crawled up on our lawn, to bask in the sun! We usually only see them in the winter, as the summer is to hot for them to be out of the water.

Michael thinks these two were mating...Honestly, What will the neighbors think!!

As I strolled into our front yard, this is the view of the pond across the street...Yes, we have seen alligators there too!

Glancing to the right I see the beautiful Hibiscus....blooming all year round, here in Florida! Nothing is better than having a few cocktails, and putting one of these in your hair! I feel beautiful already!

Potted plants do well too....This color is amazing....and even more amazing, this is a flower that you can't kill!

Further down the street, I spied this in a neighbors yard.....I had to sneak up close to get this shot....I love the green and hot pink together!

Look at the shades of browns, greens, and purples.....ornamental grasses need little or no care here in hot and humid Florida!  Guess that's why so many people plant them...count me in!!

On the next street over,oranges and yellows abound among the foliage. 

and purple flowers climb the trees....

I walk past another pond, full of wildlife, birds, and perhaps gators....hmmmmm, what do you think?

And we cannot forget the turtles! They wander from yard to yard, crossing streets, where people stop and pick them up to return them to safety. Even brown is a beautiful color, when it's roaming around in the garden....

People love to adorn the front porches....I could be in Italy here...

Or perhaps somewhere in Mexico

Or Barcelona....
Reminds me a little bit of Gaudi....,I do miss Barcelona..  Actually, this one resides on my front walkway!


The most beautiful of all, is my brand new granddaughter....Born just last week....and that's why there is nowhere like...
Home sweet Home....

No comments:

Post a Comment